Release Notes 2.2
Last Updated on Friday, 04 December 2009 18:38
- Try development of PCLZIP_OPT_CRYPT ..... However this becomes to a stop. To crypt/decrypt I need to multiply 2 long integers, the result (greater than a long) is not supported by PHP. Even the use of bcmath functions does not help. I did not find yet a solution ...;
- Add missing '/' at end of directory entries
- Check is a file is encrypted or not. Returns status 'unsupported_encryption' and/or error code PCLZIP_ERR_UNSUPPORTED_ENCRYPTION.
- Corrected : Bad "version need to extract" field in local file header
- Add private method privCheckFileHeaders() in order to check local and central file headers. PclZip is now supporting purpose bit flag bit 3. Purpose bit flag bit 3 gives the ability to have a local file header without size, compressed size and crc filled.
- Add a generic status 'error' for file status - Add control of compression type. PclZip only support deflate compression method. Before v2.2, PclZip does not check the compression method used in an archive while extracting. With v2.2 PclZip returns a new error status for a file using an unsupported compression method. New status is "unsupported_compression". New error code is PCLZIP_ERR_UNSUPPORTED_COMPRESSION.
- Add optional attribute PCLZIP_OPT_STOP_ON_ERROR. This will stop the extract of files when errors like 'a folder with same name exists' or 'a newer file exists' or 'a write protected file' exists, rather than set a status for the concerning file and resume the extract of the zip.
- Add optional attribute PCLZIP_OPT_REPLACE_NEWER. This will force, during an extract' the replacement of the file, even if a newer version of the file exists. Note that today if a file with the same name already exists but is older it will be replaced by the extracted one.
- Improve PclZipUtilOption()
- Support of zip archive with trailing bytes. Before 2.2, PclZip checks that the central directory structure is the last data in the archive. Crypt encryption/decryption of zip archive put trailing 0 bytes after decryption. PclZip is now supporting this.
Release Notes 2.1
Last Updated on Friday, 04 December 2009 18:37
- Add the ability to extract a file (or several files) directly in the standard output.
This is done by the new parameter PCLZIP_OPT_EXTRACT_IN_OUTPUT with method extract().
- Add support for parameters PCLZIP_OPT_COMMENT, PCLZIP_OPT_ADD_COMMENT,
PCLZIP_OPT_PREPEND_COMMENT. This will create, replace, add, or prepend comments
in the zip archive.
- Add the ability to abort the extraction by using a user callback function.
The user can now return the value '2' in its callback which indicates to stop the
extraction. For a pre call-back extract is stopped before the extration of the current
file. For a post call back, the extraction is stopped after.
- When merging two archives, the comments are not any more lost, but merged, with a
blank space separator.
- Corrected bug : Files are not deleted when all files are asked to be deleted.
- Corrected bug : Folders with name '0' made PclZip to abort the create or add feature.
Release Notes 2.0
Last Updated on Friday, 04 December 2009 18:35
- ***** Warning : Some new features may break the backward compatibility for your scripts.
Please carefully read the readme file.
- Add the ability to delete by Index, name and regular expression. This feature is
performed by the method delete(), which uses the optional parameters
PCLZIP_OPT_BY_INDEX, PCLZIP_OPT_BY_NAME, PCLZIP_OPT_BY_EREG or PCLZIP_OPT_BY_PREG.
- Add the ability to extract by regular expression. To extract by regexp you must use the method
extract(), with the option PCLZIP_OPT_BY_EREG or PCLZIP_OPT_BY_PREG
(depending if you want to use ereg() or preg_match() syntax) followed by the
regular expression pattern.
- Add the ability to extract by index, directly with the extract() method. This is a
code improvment of the extractByIndex() method.
- Add the ability to extract by name. To extract by name you must use the method
extract(), with the option PCLZIP_OPT_BY_NAME followed by the filename to
extract or an array of filenames to extract. To extract all a folder, use the folder
name rather than the filename with a '/' at the end.
- Add the ability to add files without compression. This is done with a new attribute
which is PCLZIP_OPT_NO_COMPRESSION.
- Add the attribute PCLZIP_OPT_EXTRACT_AS_STRING, which allow to extract a file directly
in a string without using any file (or temporary file).
- Add constant PCLZIP_SEPARATOR for static configuration of filename separators in a single string.
The default separator is now a comma (,) and not any more a blank space.
THIS BREAK THE BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY : Please check if this may have an impact with
- Improve algorythm performance by removing the use of temporary files when adding or
extracting files in an archive.
- Add (correct) detection of empty filename zipping. This can occurs when the removed
path is the same
as a zipped dir. The dir is not zipped (['status'] = filtered), only its content.
- Add better support for windows paths (thanks for help from
- Corrected bug : When the archive file already exists with size=0, the add() method
fails. Corrected in 2.0.
- Remove the use of OS_WINDOWS constant. Use php_uname() function rather.
- Control the order of index ranges in extract by index feature.
- Change the internal management of folders (better handling of internal flag).
Page 3 of 4