Release Notes 2.0
Last Updated on Friday, 04 December 2009 18:35
- ***** Warning : Some new features may break the backward compatibility for your scripts.
Please carefully read the readme file.
- Add the ability to delete by Index, name and regular expression. This feature is
performed by the method delete(), which uses the optional parameters
PCLZIP_OPT_BY_INDEX, PCLZIP_OPT_BY_NAME, PCLZIP_OPT_BY_EREG or PCLZIP_OPT_BY_PREG.
- Add the ability to extract by regular expression. To extract by regexp you must use the method
extract(), with the option PCLZIP_OPT_BY_EREG or PCLZIP_OPT_BY_PREG
(depending if you want to use ereg() or preg_match() syntax) followed by the
regular expression pattern.
- Add the ability to extract by index, directly with the extract() method. This is a
code improvment of the extractByIndex() method.
- Add the ability to extract by name. To extract by name you must use the method
extract(), with the option PCLZIP_OPT_BY_NAME followed by the filename to
extract or an array of filenames to extract. To extract all a folder, use the folder
name rather than the filename with a '/' at the end.
- Add the ability to add files without compression. This is done with a new attribute
which is PCLZIP_OPT_NO_COMPRESSION.
- Add the attribute PCLZIP_OPT_EXTRACT_AS_STRING, which allow to extract a file directly
in a string without using any file (or temporary file).
- Add constant PCLZIP_SEPARATOR for static configuration of filename separators in a single string.
The default separator is now a comma (,) and not any more a blank space.
THIS BREAK THE BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY : Please check if this may have an impact with
- Improve algorythm performance by removing the use of temporary files when adding or
extracting files in an archive.
- Add (correct) detection of empty filename zipping. This can occurs when the removed
path is the same
as a zipped dir. The dir is not zipped (['status'] = filtered), only its content.
- Add better support for windows paths (thanks for help from
- Corrected bug : When the archive file already exists with size=0, the add() method
fails. Corrected in 2.0.
- Remove the use of OS_WINDOWS constant. Use php_uname() function rather.
- Control the order of index ranges in extract by index feature.
- Change the internal management of folders (better handling of internal flag).